21 September, 2014

This and That For Your Weekend

It's a quiet, sunny Sunday here in Calgary. Hubby and I both have a weekend off from work and volunteer obligations. It's been fantastic! I do hope you are also having a great weekend.

Just a few things I wanted to share with you. Maybe they will brighten your weekend with a little treat, or keep you entertained during some precious sewing time.

Craftsy Sale

This weekend is a big Craftsy sale! I know I've posted about these before, but if you've never checked it out I suggest you browse the classes. I have a collection of quilting and cooking classes myself. If you've been inspired by my appliqué work I strongly recommend Big Techniques from Little Scraps with Sarah Fielke and Hand Applique Made Easy with Mimi Dietrich. I've learned a lot through these classes that I think will really take my appliqué enjoyment and skills to a new level.

To access the sale click on this link and check out all the options. You don't have to be a quilter either. Personally, I'm intrigued by the drawing classes. In all my free time, right? But, you can get them this weekend and have lifetime access... Good deal, no?

C&T Publications Sale

If, like me, you have an addiction to books then this is the sale for you. So many good deals here. The new C&T Publishing site is easier to navigate and you can find all sorts of deals in this warehouse sale. I may have picked up a few titles myself, even though I don't really need more books - I'm too busy sewing to read much these days! But, oh, the cuteness...

And if you are a fan of my work specifically, I would be remiss in not pointing out that a few books I'm in are for sale. Like Datekeeper - Modern Quilts, 99 Modern Blocks, and an amazing deal on A Month of Sundays! And so many other great titles and products.

Modern Sewciety



This is a fun podcast hosted weekly by Stephanie Kendron. I had the pleasure of joining her and Carolyn Friedlander for a chat about QuiltCon. It brought back memories and got me very excited for February. Even if you aren't going to QuiltCon it is full of tips for anyone attended classes, workshops, festivals, and retreats. Plus, Jo Packham is also on this episode and I really enjoyed her conversation with Stephanie.

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: