17 April, 2013

Announcing My Craftsy Class - Inset and Applique Circles by Machine

Do you remember my necklace inspired quilt? It is now finished and I can share it with you. I can also share with you the rather exciting reason I was making the quilt. 

I am thrilled to announce that I am now a Craftsy instructor! Have you heard about Craftsy? The fastest growing craft community on-line is full of courses from top instructors on everything from cake decorating to knitting, from costumes to quilting. My class - Inset and Applique Circles by Machine - is now available. Sign up now with a 25% discount!

The Craftsy platform is quite cool. Once you purchase the class it is available to you at any time forever. The HD video quality is great. They've filmed so many close-ups so you don't miss a thing. And you can take the classes from the comfort of your home - no lugging a machine across town or missing out because you can't find a local store or babysitter.

One of the best parts about a Craftsy class is the interactive forum. You can ask instructors questions, participate in class discussions with other students, and share your projects. I will be there the whole time, encouraging and helping you along the way. Stuck on a particular technique? You can ask for help and share the problem and we'll make sure you get it sorted.

And that necklace inspired quilt? It is a free pattern that comes with the class! Incorporating all the techniques learned in the class you can make this bold sampler. I've made it here with prints in colours pulled from the necklace itself and a mix of text prints for the background.

I do hope you'll join me over at Craftsy!







Austin Circle Sampler
76' by 96''


I've got more that I want to share about my Craftsy experience. Look for that in the coming weeks. It has been an incredible experience so far. Now that the class  - Inset and Applique Circles by Machine - is available I'm looking forward to seeing circles pop up everywhere!

Inset & Applique Circles by Machine

12 comments:

cauchy09 said...

hooray for Craftsy teaching! i love this quilt. the colors are so soft and inviting. and, of course, your piecing is perfection.

CarlyMaria said...

wow, that quilt is stunning!! And Congrats on the class!

Lee D said...

hey congrats! Andrea did a wonderful quilting job too!

Mary said...

I love that quilt! Not often I see a quilt that looks really unique, but this one definitely is!

Samantha said...

Congrats on the class!!

Suzanne said...

congrats to you for your debut on craftsy!

Andrea said...

Congrats Cheryl! Way to go!!!

MariQuilts said...

Congrats.....so wonderful!!!!

Victoria said...

That quilt is fabulous!!!
Congrats on the new teaching gig! You are a natural!

Carolyn said...

Congrats!!!! How exciting! Beautiful project and I know the class will be excellent too.

Fareen said...

Yay!!

Monika Kinner-Whalen (MySweetPrairie) said...

hey! Congratulations! ; )
Monika in Saskatoon